To celebrate my 350th post, I'm so excited to share a review and host a giveaway for EcoJarz! (giveaway closed - details below review)
**Disclaimer: I have been given the fermenter kit to review but have not been compensated in any other way. All opinions and experiences are my own.**
A month ago I alluded to an upcoming review. Now that a few more details have been ironed out, I'm so proud to be posting a product review from a such a wonderful company.
From their Ethics page in their About Us section:
"We strive to create products that are:
Beautiful, functional and durable
Non-disposable, and built to last a lifetime
Healthy, with no toxic components
Manufactured responsibly by workers earning a living wage
Made with sustainable materials
Packaged without plastic"
Now THAT's a company I can get behind.
We've been happy customers of their company for years!
Take a look at their spill-proof wide-mouth PopTop lid in my infused water post from August.
During the summer I sent out a few pitch letters to companies I believe in, asking if they would be interested in working together. The lovely folks at EcoJarz replied with a resounding yes!
A couple months on, I placed an order (for more small mouth drink tops and reusable metal straws) and they added a couple of new products for me to review.
Minimal packaging, almost entirely recycled and recyclable.
I set to work testing out these goodies! I haven't fully tested the fermenting kit so a second review will follow.
I adore their stainless steel drink tops and matching straws. We use them multiple times a day.
The only downside of the open hole drink tops we've used for years, especially for toddlers, is that they're not really great for travel.
Enter the PopTop.
What is the PopTop?
The PopTop is a Sealable Drinking Jar Lid:
• Reusable drinking jar lid made of non-reactive stainless steel and silicone
• Silicone plug and band makes sure that there is NO SPILLS!
• No: BPA, phthalates, or chemical leach - Plastic Free!
• Fits any small-mouth canning jar
• Silicone band and plug come in green or brown
• Packaging is made from Recycled Paper
(also available in wide-mouth and you can also usually opt for no retail packaging!)
"EcoJarz PopTop turns any small-mouth canning jar into the perfect spill-proof container for water, juice, smoothies, bulk food storage, and so much more. The silicone plug makes a tight seal, ensuring that not a drop is lost. So go ahead, screw it on your jar, pop in the plug, throw it in your bag, play catch with it, or just give it a big hug!"
I set to work giving the lids a thorough test:
The small-mouth PopTops are a dream!
Bulk olive oil from the store?
Protein shake (with one of their whisk balls in the jar), shaken vigorously?
Not a drop leaked out and it's easy to use on the road.
Homemade salad dressing?
Shake and pour right from the jar.
Milk for toddler?
Sure, just toss it in the diaper bag.
Pop it open, and enjoy.
Planning on making eggnog?
Want to bring a mixed drink to a picnic or party?
If you have kids, make sure you get two though, they might not want to share. :)
Not that I can see.
Make sure you tighten the band well just as you would tighten any lid. If you're going to be running it through the dishwasher, I highly recommend getting one of their rust-proof stainless steel jar bands (also available in wide-mouth).
We are so pleased with these additions to our Closer to Zero Waste kitchen.
If you'll excuse me, I need to go ferment something.
But first, I'll leave you with the details on how to get some of these goodies for yourself!
I'm so excited to announce that they've offered to let me host a giveaway for one (1) Small Mouth Pop Top AND one (1) Fermenter Kit! Thank you so much to EcoJarz!
No purchase necessary to enter or win.
For those reading this on Facebook, email, or a feedreader, you'll have to click through to this post
One entry per person per day - that's a total of eight (8) chances!
Comments must be made between 2pm on Monday, November 21st and 2pm on Monday, November 28th
Winner will be notified by email. After a proper response to notification will be announced in a winner post the following week. Official sweepstakes rules below.
EcoJarz Giveaway - OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. The EcoJarz Giveaway (sweepstakes) begins on Monday, November 21st at 2pm and ends on Monday, November 28th at 2pm. ("Promotion Period").
The sponsor of this sweepstakes is Myrrhmade.com ("Sponsor"). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Sweepstakes. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may be reached by email at myrrh[the "at" symbol]myrrhmade.com during the Promotion Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 years of age (the "Entrant"). Sponsor, Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individual are not eligible to enter or win. "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence. "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. PRIZE: One (1) winner will receive one (1) small mouth Pop Top and one (1) fermenter kit from EcoJarz. Approximate
retail value $27.90 ("ARV")
Only one prize package will be awarded. Gift cards and gift certificates are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor's good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States and Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within said locations. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period online by commenting on the blog post http://blog.myrrhmade.com/2016/11/ecojarzgiveaway.html One entry per person.
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the Entrant. Any attempt by Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void Entrant's Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor's database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
5. ODDS - Odds of winning will vary depending on how many entries are received.
6. WINNER SELECTION: The Winner(s) of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted within 24 hours after the Promotion Period by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information within 36 hours after the random drawing. Potential Winner must accept a prize by email as directed by Sponsor within 48 hours of notification. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or Winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account.
Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively "the Prize Claim Documents"). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
8. PRIVACY: By entering the Sweepstakes, you grant Sponsor permission to share your email address and any other personally identifiable information with the other Sweepstakes Entities for the purpose of administration and prize fulfillment, including use in a publicly available Winner post.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participant's or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download of any materials in the Sweepstakes.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total ARV as set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor and Released Parties shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Sweepstakes.
CONTEST CLOSED! Thanks for entering!
Please feel free to join the conversation below!
Ooh! Pick me! I am especially interested in the fermenter kit. I've been making my very own dill relish (lacto-fermented) for you-know-who. Would be fun to try doing it this way.ReplyDelete
He was just raving about your dill relish!Delete
Yes! These products sound like something I could use and feel good about using them!ReplyDelete
You would love these! They have a bunch of other things you'd like too! How their site is organized doesn't always make sense to me, but their stuff is great.Delete
The pop top sounds really useful! It would be fun to try it. If we win, and we like it, we'd have to get another. :-)ReplyDelete
oh I think your girls would love them so much!Delete
Those look awesome! Would like to try the fermenting kit. I may never go back to a cabbage leaf and a rock!ReplyDelete
The only thing that the old fashioned crocks have that these don't is that the crocks don't let any light in. Although I'm sure your rock works wonders!Delete
Couldn't you put the jar in a neoprene sleeve?Delete
I've used dish towels, an appliance cover, a dark cupboard and more. I'm sure no light gets in through a neoprene cover but I've never bought one. Do they make them for quart sized jars?Delete
I would love to win this for my wife who refuses to use anything plastic.ReplyDelete
I am so in love with the Zero waste movement that seems to be gathering ground. I haven't quite worked myself up to zero, but definitely try to get closer every year. :)Delete
What an awesome giveaway packageReplyDelete
I am such a fan of their products! I'm so thrilled to get the chance to work with them!Delete
I keep thinking about how fun these would be to try!ReplyDelete
I really love them. We have one of almost everything they sell that I've bought throughout the years. They're actually having a sale this weekend if there's anything else you're interested in. They're really good people too and if you win, I'm sure would be happy to combine an order with a giveaway.Delete
This looks cool.ReplyDelete
thanks for stopping by!Delete
These Pop Top lids sound great! I wouldn't have thought of using them for homemade salad dressing; great idea!ReplyDelete
They're so great for portable occasions like picnics, parties, and potlucks.Delete
Took a look at your infused water post, and would do they sound delicious! I'll have to try them all!ReplyDelete
I don't do as much in colder weather as I move on to teas but in hot weather they're so marvelous! Let me know if you come up with any other lovely combinations!Delete
Wow, I was looking around the Ecojarz site -- they have great stuff! Fabulous things to use with the regular mouth jars I've gotten free from buying honey, or coconut oil, or mayo that's packaged in them.ReplyDelete
I love reusing jars like that! When we used to buy salsa pretty regularly, I purposefully chose standard mason jar mouth sizes! We still use the jars and their lids in regular rotation!Delete
Love to try the fermentation kit. I tried without the kit and it wasn't successful.ReplyDelete
Having the tight sealing lid and the airlock certainly take a lot of the guess work and variables out of the equation! Good luck!Delete
I was just thinking that these drink lids would be great for traveling light... Take one with a jar ring in your carry-on luggage, buy bottle water or other drinks on your voyage, and then when you reach your destination, if you or your hosts buy a jar of spaghetti sauce or something that gets used up right away, you can use your drink lid to turn the jar into your glass water bottle.ReplyDelete
what a great idea! It's so important to think ahead about the future use (and life cycle) of items that we buy. Thinking ahead about how to take advantage of it is such an integral part.Delete
This looks good. These jars will help me out. Like the way the lids lock on top.ReplyDelete
I keep thinking about that fermenter kit. It would be great to make my own pickles and sauerkraut!ReplyDelete
I am just catching up on your blog. I am going to go order this pop lids. What better way to bring coffee out to the field? I usually put it in a mason jar with no lid and hold on tight slishing and sloshing. Thanks!ReplyDelete