A couple years ago, I decided to make a copper wire tree. I have seen similar wire trees in window shops for years and decided to try my hand. Instead of using thin wire, I used a thicker gauge, hoping to make it a functional piece to hold jewelry.
The tree tipped over too easily without a strong base and so it was shelved until the muse felt like visiting again.
She visited last week. I've been searching for inspiration for a piece of art for the bedroom and it struck me that I could not only create a base for the tree, but could incorporate it into a larger piece of work.
A quick trip to the basement to see if we had any suitable materials quickly evolved into this:
A functional piece of art that incorporates two abandoned projects, scraps from the basement, and parts of a long unused household item.
Post a Comment